Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Ketchup.

The Halloween parade was awesome and Shelden did a great job wearing his costume! Loochie said next year she's getting coordinating ones for them BOTH to wear. Can't wait.



Sisty played paparazzi while we were walking through the neighorhood. The goosinator was so excited to meet all his new friends and show off his snazzy wings.



Shelden wanted to be the unofficial judge of the costume contest, so we stopped on the corner (see us over there on the left?) and waved at all the spooky creatures marching through the neighborhood.



I wish I had a better picture of this woman's costume. Remember it was 4:30 on Sunday afternoon and a family-friendly parade was happening outside. She stumbled to the end of her driveway in a Wonder Woman costume that was two sizes too small wearing fishnets that revealed way too much of her coslopus (shout out to Chelsea Handler!) and tried to give out candy to the kids. The little girl next to me took one look at her and said, "Oh look Mommy! She's an American in a bathing suit!" I don't blame her for getting confused.



After the parade there was a party with carnival games and wine. We walked back to my house and sat out front with our basket of candy to greet all the sweet little kids as they trick-or-treated through the neighborhood. Jason from next door creeped up behind us and scared me so bad! He was trying to keep an eye on his boys and their friends as they raced from house to house getting into all kinds of trouble. But secretly he was giving them tips while their mom wasn't looking. It was pretty great.



Other things that have been happening?
  • I've started a scrap book to document all the wedding-planning that I'll give to Sisty after the big day. I have a few pages done and I'm excited to see how it all comes together.

  • After a shocking realization that almost lost me my membership card to our generation, David J rented the first two installments of the Indiana Jones series and we watched them over the weekend. So awesome. Related: popcorn with hot sauce is stupid-delicious.

  • While cleaning the living room I found a fortune lost inside the couch that was cryptically accurate. Don't you hate it when that happens?

  • I also found something else behind the couch...stay tuned for the horror that lies ahead.

I'm off to make my Christmas wish list for this year. Gotta start early when you're retro-remixing your holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment